In a shocking turn of events, Antony has completely changed his position on the accusations made against him by his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin. After initially confessing to grabbing her during a heated exchange, Antony has since vehemently denied ever touching her and maintained his innocence.
Gabriela Cavallin accused the Brazilian of inflicting physical harm during an argument, which set off the saga’s allegations of domestic violence. By posting a statement on social media, Antony addressed these accusations.
He acknowledged that during their altercation, he had taken hold of Gabriela, explaining, “I wanted to go and told her that I had obligations and had to go, so she took plates and cups and threw them on the ground and I grabbed her in order to calm her down and I didn’t hurt her.”
View this post on Instagram
But Antony’s recent admission shocked both the general public and the media. Antony admitted, in his own words, “I never touched her. I’m never going to headbutt a person. I’m 100% sure I’ve never touched a woman — and I’ll come up with the evidence. People will see the truth. I’m sure I’ve never committed physical violence.”
🚨🇧🇷 Antony on if he’s afraid of #mufc terminating his contract:
“This is something that never occurred to me. I know the truth will come out.” pic.twitter.com/3bWOS1aiqm
— UtdPlug (@UtdPlug) September 8, 2023
Antony expressed his unwavering belief that the truth would eventually come to light in his most recent statement. He insisted that he had never considered hitting a woman. Despite the negative feedback he received from many people, he expressed his belief that the truth would eventually surface. Antony stressed that his ex-partner had fabricated a number of statements.
Antony faces new allegations as two more women speak out
33-year-old Ingrid Lana has alleged that Antony physically assaulted her while she was visiting his home in England last year. Lana claims that Antony hit her head against a wall after she declined to have s*x with him.
🚨 Another woman, Ingrid Lana has claimed in a television interview that Antony invited her to his house and pushed her against a wall which led to banging her head.
🗣️ “He tried to have a relationship with me and I didn’t want to,” Lana claimed in the interview.
🗣️ “He pushed… pic.twitter.com/EsQhc8xRB8
— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) September 8, 2023
The accusation was made in a different way by law student Rayssa de Freitas. According to what she told the Brazilian newspaper Extra, de Freitas reported to the police on May 20, 2022, alleging that Antony and another woman had physically assaulted her.
de Freitas claims that she left a nightclub in Sao Paulo with the two in Antony’s car, according to Extra, which has copies of the purported police report online. de Freitas asserts that the woman attacked her first, and then Antony, the driver of the car, after a heated argument reportedly broke out during the ride. At a stoplight, de Freitas was able to get away from the vehicle, according to the report.
These most recent accusations come at the conclusion of a trying week for Antony, during which he was discharged from the Brazilian national team due to ongoing inquiries into assault claims made by his ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin.