Bethesda Game Studios latest action role-playing game Starfield was launched on September 6, 2023. It is Bethesda’s first new intellectual property in 25 years and is based on a space-themed setting. Starfield was released on Windows and Xbox Series X/S.
The game has garnered positive reviews from the gaming community and critics. Starfield’s open-word setting, soundtrack, gameplay, and story have been a hot topic for discussion. The game has fictional and non-fictional planetary systems along with an unspecified number of moons and space stations.
Starfield is now Xbox’s biggest launch of the Generation ahead of Forza Horizon 5 and the 5th best selling game in Europe in 2023.
Despite being on Game Pass.
A resounding success. pic.twitter.com/kyp71unAzr
— PeterOvo (@PeterOvo5) September 18, 2023
Starfield has now become the fifth best-selling game in Europe. Because of this huge hit and also have Bethesda’s name behind it, it is very common for Starfield to have a huge modding community. Within a few days after the launch, several Starfield mods started to become popular on NexusMods.
How to install mods in Starfield?
Several Starfield mods are available on NexusMods for download. The most convenient way to install mods in Starfield is using Vortex mod Manager which is the official mod manager for NexusMods. Here all the Starfield mods can be found and downloaded.
Best Mods currently available for Starfield pic.twitter.com/IwSPb21bjM
— Dexerto (@Dexerto) September 13, 2023
Steps to follow to download mods on Vortex mod Manager-
- Search for the desired mod
- Then click on the “Files” tab
- After this select the apt mod version and click on the “Mod Manager Download”
- Once the browser prompts, click “Open Vortex”
- Finish the instructions given on the screen in Vortex to install the mod.
- After the mod is installed, on the left side click on “Mods”
- Then click on “Deploy Mods”
- After completing this step, follow the instructions on the screen to resolve any conflicts.
- In the last step launch Starfield
To download the mods manually, the following steps are to be followed-
- First, find the mod page on NexusMode, and click on “Files” tab
- Click the “Manual Download” button on the desired mod
- The mod will be downloaded after following the instructions on the screen
- Next, unzip the mod file by right-clicking it in Windows Explorer and selecting Extract All
- Now copy the contents of the unzipped file into the Starfield directory at- Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Starfield
- If the mod doesn’t work then go back to the mod page on NexusMode and on the description tab, read the instruction on where to copy the contents of the unzipped folder.
- After the mods are copied to the correct location, launch Starfield.
By following these instructions step by step, the desired Starfield mod will get activated in the game. The mods will change the game’s appearance, the functions, and also make changes to the graphics.